Ordinals keep making headlines as there are now more than 100,000 inscriptions carried out on Bitcoin’s network. This has had a notable effect on the network state itself and has sparked a massive debate within the community.
- Inscriptions are Bitcoin’s version of a non-fungible token (NFT), and they have been making strides throughout the past couple of weeks.
- Multiple high-end sales already took place within the range of the first 1,000 inscriptions, with Ordinal Punks currently holding the all-time high.
- Today, a new milestone for this relatively nascent space took place as the protocol saw the 100,000th inscription take place.
- Dune Analytics reports that there are currently around 106K of them, highlighting the speed at which people are inscribing.
- It’s also worth noting that, at the time of this writing, inscribing requires the maintenance of a fully synchronized Bitcoin node, making this a highly technical process.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.