Circle – the issuer behind USDC – has announced that merchants supported by the company will now be able to accept Apple Pay.
The integration will allow customers to check out from apps and the Safari browser without a need to “fill out lengthy forms.”
- Per Circle’s announcement on Tuesday, Apple Pay support will let crypto-native businesses provide better assistance to customers wishing to use more traditional payment methods.
- The integration will also let customers buy crypto directly through Apple Pay.
- “Traditional businesses can also take advantage of this enhancement to shift more retail payments to digital currency and experience the benefits of USDC settlement,” Circle stated.
- Circle’s USDC is fully backed by cash and US treasuries, according to it’s latest attestation report on the state of its reserves. This allows its stablecoin’s price to reliably track the value of $1 at all times.
- Stablecoins like USDC have grown popular as a means of transmitting value across the world using crypto rails, without the need for intermediaries or erroneous remittance fees.
- Businesses can enable Apple Pay with Circle by creating a Circle Account and Apple developer account.
- Circle said it will introduce more payment methods in the future that will help reduce payment friction at checkout.
- Alongside Tether, Circle clarified last Wednesday that it held no exposure to the bankrupt crypto exchange FTX.