Some reports have started running rampant following a tweet that CryptoPotato created earlier today.
More specifically, the tweet in question is this:
RE: @binance – Voyager deal
This is what a US Judge responded to an SEC attorney who failed to provide specific arguments:
“Deliberative is one thing, but what have you done? If there are reasons to be concerned here, I need to hear specifics.” @cz_binance pic.twitter.com/fzMRzmtyu2
— CryptoPotato Official (@Crypto_Potato) March 3, 2023
- It is related to recent developments with the SEC motion that opposes the attempt of BinanceUS to acquire Voyager Digital.
- BinanceUS entered into a deal with Voyager back in December 2022, but the SEC objected in February this year.
- Recent reports revealed some of the arguments that the US Bankruptcy Judge overseeing the case made in relation to the lack of explanation on behalf of the SEC.
- Judge Michael Wiles said:
Deliberative is one thing, but what have you done? If there are reasons to be concerned here, I need to hear specifics.
I’m shocked a regulator would come in and say: ‘I’m charged with regulatory authority over these things. These are reasons that I have concerns because they’re within my regulatory jurisdiction, but I’ve done nothing, I have nothing to offer to you …
- CZ, the CEO of Binance, quote-tweeted CryptoPotato’s post, saying, “Maybe we should pull out?”
- Very quickly after, he was quick to clarify that Binance is in full support of the deal:
We are still in support of the deal and helping returning funds to users as quickly as possible, if allowed to do so.
- This comes amid somewhat questionable headlinessaying that CZ is “pondering” exiting the deal “after US scrutiny.”
- Nowhere has CZ mentioned anything about “US scrutiny.”
- Interestingly enough, the report itself says that a Binance spokesperson disbands the headline, saying that the company “remains committed to the Voyager transaction.” The article was also updated to include CZ’s additional comment.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.