The Ethereum non-custodial wallet – MetaMask – joined forces with the payment provider PayPal to enable customers to purchase and transfer Ethereum (ETH).
The service will initially be available only to US users.
- MetaMask announced on Twitter that its clients will be able to purchase and transfer Ethereum (ETH) via PayPal. The offering will reach a select number of US residents of all US states except Hawaii.
Our US users will now be able to fund their wallet with ETH via @PayPal! 🦊
Rolling out in the next weeks in the US, excl. Hawaii, through our mobile app (make sure to update to v5.13.0)🧵👇https://t.co/392JwFYF3m
— MetaMask 🦊💙 (@MetaMask) December 14, 2022
- According to Product Manager – Lorenzo Santos – the collaboration will give clients an opportunity to dive into the Web3 ecosystem:
“This integration with PayPal will allow our US users to not just buy crypto seamlessly through MetaMask, but also to easily explore the Web3 ecosystem.”
- ConsenSys – a blockchain software company that develops the non-custodial wallet – partnered in October with the financial platform Sardine to allow MetaMask customers to purchase cryptocurrencies directly from their bank accounts.
- For its part, PayPal started interacting with the crypto industry in 2020, allowing users to buy, sell, and hold Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Earlier this year, the organization let customers withdraw their holdings to personal wallets.