The long-awaited second airdrop of Ethereum’s layer-two scaling solution – Optimism – is here. The protocol distributed a total of 11.7 million OP tokens to over 300,000 addresses.
The price of OP dropped after the announcement.
- Many have been expecting the second airdrop of the popular Ethereum layer-two scaling solution, optimism. The first one saw around 200 million OP tokens airdropped to 250,000 early adopters, and some of them received up to $20K worth of tokens on the day of the event.
- This one, however, pales in comparison. The airdrop saw 11.7 million tokens distributed to 300,000 addresses based on various criteria.
- This means the average user who qualified got about 39 tokens worth less than $100 at current prices.
- The announcement reads:
Airdrop #2 has been distributed to:
-> Addresses that have delegated the voting power of their OP tokens.
-> Addresses that spent more than $6.10 on L2 gas since March 25, 2022 – the average cost of a transaction on Ethereum L1.
- The snapshot was taken on January 20th, 2023, at 00:00 UTC.
- The price of OP has reacted badly to the news and is currently down about 13%, trading at roughly $2.35 at the time of this writing.