The PEPE meme coin witnessed significant activity on August 9, with a major crypto investor spending 1 million USDC to purchase 807 billion tokens.
- The PEPE coin price has had a rough seven days, see-sawing between a high of $0.00000128 and a low of $0.00000108.
- But after shedding off 5% from its price on August 8, Pepe took a turn, rising rapidly from $0.00000113 to $0.00000122. During this rise, the unnamed whale took a punt and splashed 1 million USDC ($1,000,300) on 807 billion PEPE coins, each priced at around $0.000001239.
Source: Lookonchain via Debank.com
- With PEPE currently trading at $0.00000120, an 8.4% jump from the previous 24 hours, the whale’s meme coin stash is valued at approximately $968,000.
- Ever since PEPE hit its all-time high of $0.0000044 on May 5, the coin has rarely gone above the $0.000002 level, but data from CoinGecko shows that its trading volume has increased significantly in the last three days, rising from $53 million on August 7 to $132.1 million on August 9.
- It reflects the growing interest in the meme coin as bulls troop back into the market.