Yesterday, the leading US-based cryptocurrency exchange, Coinbase, announced its so-called Onchain Summer.
In response, the lead developer of Shiba Inu (SHIB) – Kusama – called it a copycat.
- As CryptoPotato reported yesterday, Coinbase announced the so-called Onchain Summer, revealing the public launch date of Base.
- Onchain Summer will be a month-long festival by 50 creators and developers who will showcase novel things daily that can be done on-chain, hence the name.
- The company said that Base will be launching on August 9th.
- Commenting on the tweet was Kusama – the lead developer of Shiba Inu (SHIB).
— Shytoshi Kusama™ (@ShytoshiKusama) August 3, 2023
- Less than a month ago, Shiba Inu announced their Summer of Shibarium – a name that supposedly carries similarities with that of Coinbase’s Onchain Summer.