Third-largest Bitcoin whale has finally emptied its BTC holdings after demonstrating a long-term accumulation trend.
- As per BitInfoCharts, the whale bought a total of more than 207k BTC since 2019 before transferring all of it.
- The move coincided with Bitcoin posting gains for three straight days before topping $24,000, the highest level since mid-June.
- Over the past three days, the address transferred total funds worth 132,881.88 BTC to Coinbase.
- It transferred the remaining 29,235.28 BTC to the crypto exchange today.
- CryptoQuant’s Ki Young Ju speculated that this might just be an internal transfer to a cold wallet or custodian wallet, highly likely owned by Gemini.
- The exec also dismissed the rumor about potential dumping by the entity and said that it couldn’t be a user deposit to a crypto exchange’s hot wallets for selling Bitcoin.
- Earlier this month, the whale address purchased 1,416 BTCs and added another 601 BTC as the market downturn deepened, triggering Bitcoin’s fall below $20k.
- Crypto Potato has been tracking the address for quite some time and observed strategic buying during dips.
- These activities are not typically depicted by an exchange’s cold wallet.