The developers of Gala Games announced a major partnership between the blockchain gaming platform and the popular actors Dwayne Johnson (better known as “The Rock”) and Mark Wahlberg.
The price of the entity’s native token – GALA – spiked by nearly 70% shortly after the disclosure.
- Gala Games revealed that it will develop two films with the Hollywood superstars. The team said buyers of the movie tickets will be able to scan a QR code and win digital assets.
- The platform further said that Gala Film will use GALA as its own gas token.
— Gala Games (@GoGalaGames) January 9, 2023
- The asset was quick to react to the news, spiking by over 68% (for the past 24 hours). Still, its current valuation of around $0.04 is far below the all-time high of almost $0.80 registered in November 2021.
- “The Rock” (famous for playing in “Fast and Furious” and “Jumanji”) and Wahlberg (starring in blockbusters like “The Departed” and “The Fighter”) have not yet commented on their collaboration with Gala Games.
- Some sources hinted in November that the blockchain platform became a victim of a hack.
- The company, though asserted that “everything is fine” and all GALA tokens on Ethereum, as well as GALA-related assets on the GALA bridge, were safe.
- Nonetheless, the speculation negatively affected the USD valuation of the token, which crashed by 90% on some cryptocurrency exchanges in a matter of a few days.